I am a chinese native from taiwan. I met my husband who is a German-native from Munich. We met in San Francisco many years ago. We have two wonderful children MM and AA. We raised our children to speak Mandarine Chinese, German and English simply because both our families are still in Taiwan or Germany. We want to make sure that our children can communicate with their grand parents and relatives (so we don’t get in trouble from our parents) and understand their culture heritage.
I am hoping this blog will allow us to connect with other parents that are also trying to raise their children to be bi-lingual.
In this blog, I will cover topics such as:
- My personal experience raising Bi-lingual/multi-lingual Children
- Funny stories about our multi-lingual family lives
- Share some of my search result on language materials, or language schools
- Recipes – food is such an important part of a culture
- recruit fellow moms and dads to share their experience